We use concrete driveways on a daily basis. Concrete is used everywhere—homes, schools, hospitals, warehouses, industrial complexes, and it is destined to wear out. Polyurethane products are the simplest and fastest products available for long-lasting concrete driveway repair. How big are your cracks? Chose a number below and skip to the right solution:
- Hairline, I can just fit a coin in them.
- ½ inch to 1 inch wide, but not too long.
- Wide enough to trip on or there are so many cracks I don’t know what to do.
- I can feel them with my car, it feels like the concrete is crumbling.
- Hairline Crack: This is an ideal time to repair your concrete with PolyFlexDS Gray. Fixing hairline cracks will prevent large cracks and, ultimately the need for removal and replacement. If your concrete is in an area with a freeze/thaw cycle and are left untreated, they are guaranteed to grow with the next winter’s freeze. Make sure your concrete cracks are clean and dry. Cracks under 3/8 inch should be widened to create a reservoir for the material to penetrate. If the crack is deep enough, prefill with sand, staying ½ inch below the surface. Place PolyFlexDS Gray to grade. If the material flows above grade, use a lute or trowel to feather or remove the excess liquid, while it is still wet. Remember in cold weather Roklin will provide catalyst free of charge to speed the setup.
- Concrete Crack: Fixing cracked concrete with PolyFlexDS Gray will help prevent potholes and further breakdown. If left untreated, these cracks can turn into a pothole. Sweep or blow out cracks to ensure that they are clean. For deep cracks, fill with sand, keeping ½ inch below the crack’s surface. Place PolyFlexDS Gray to grade. Should material flow out of the crack, use a trowel or lute to remove or feather the material while it is still liquid.
- Large, Transverse or Extensive Cracks: A repair this large may need to be repaired with a FlexSet kit. First ensure that the concrete crack repair area is clean and dry. Sweep or blow out cracks so there is no loose debris. Place the aggregate provided in the deeper area of the crack, without going above the damaged area. Using FlexSet, carefully pour contents of bottle “a” into provided 5-gallon bucket with the special sand. Next, shake bottle “b” thoroughly and pour into sand mixture. (In colder months or when there is little time for the repair, catalyst can be supplied as an additive to speed the reaction.)Mix with a paddle-mixer, using a drill. When mixture is completely wet, pour FlexSet onto damaged area and use a trowel or lute to smooth material into cracks. When cracked area becomes smooth, toss topping sand by hand over repaired area to create a uniform look and feel. The new repair can be ready in less than an hour.
- Spalled Concrete: For a fast and stable concrete spall repair, use FlexSet. The polymer-based concrete spall repair works in areas where there is a lot of movement, damaged base or where other concrete repairs materials have failed. Sweep or blow out damaged concrete spall using a push broom, blower or compressor. Carefully pour the contents of bottle “A” into the 5 gallon pail with the sand, making sure it doesn’t splash out. After shaking the contents of bottle “B” for 20 seconds, pour the contents into the 5-gallon pail. On cold days, catalyst can be added to speed the reaction. Catalyst is free of charge but must be requested.For deeply spalled concrete, add 25 pounds of Roklin’s BlackRok aggregate and mix for one minute. Pour into concrete spall, which can be filled to grade, as material is free-flowing and self-leveling. FlexSet polymer slurry can now be feathered into the existing concrete, ensuring a smooth ride. Broadcast the supplied 12-pounds of topping sand over the area to create a high-traction surface. Once fully cured, the concrete spall repair can be returned to traffic, sometimes in less than 30 minutes.
- With these easy instructions your concrete driveway repair will be stronger and last longer than with traditional concrete driveway repair methods. Roklin’s concrete driveway repair product- FlexSet comes in a complete package ready to fix concrete driveways. PolyFlexDS Gray in cartridges is simple and easy to use on cracked concrete. With a few simple hand tools, repairs are simple. There is almost no preparation of cracked or damaged concrete and your concrete driveway can be ready for traffic in about an hour.